Who is a teacher?
What makes a teacher professional?
A professional degree
A course or curriculum concentrated on one particular industry A prolonged training and a formal qualification
What are etiquettes?
A customary code of polite behaviour in a society or among members of a particular group. The science of ethics. The science of living.
Changing profile of teachers
Domain of teachers:
PE to be followed when with students
5. Effectiveness – Structure of lesson
8. Compassion, love and Respect
9. Being a role model
10. Seeking guidance and support
PE with Fellow Teachers
1. Be polite
2. Avoid mentioning the fault of other teachers
3. Leave the classroom as you would expect classroom as you expect the classroom to be while you enter 4. Avoid gossip
5. Constructive interaction with fellow teachers
PE with Parents
2. Understanding the anxiety of the parents
4. Starting with constructive feedback and then touching the points of improvement 5. Avoiding vague and generalised comments
6. Communicating in a language in which the parent is comfortable 7. Consciously avoiding comparison
8. Seeking co-operation rather than playing blame game
PE with organization
1. Understanding the goal of the org/ their vision/mission
2. Upholding the org. reputation as teachers are the direct representatives 3. Attending all the meetings
4. Follow the instr organisation in letter and spirit
5. Bringing to the notice of concerned authorities about any problem 6. Non-discussion of in-house issues if any with organization with pupil/parents 7. Not speaking ill of the organization
8. Being part of the solution, rather than the problem
How to improve professional etiquettes
1. Being Commited
2. Displaying Leadership
3. Professional learning
4. Improving the professional knowledge
5. Following professional practice
6. Observing professionals and learning
7. Possessing ethical standards – care, trust, respect and integrity
What can ruin your professional growth?
Arrive late, and leave the school at your convenience.
Appear at school feeling tired and lethargic.
Disregard school policies and practices.
Actively participate in staffroom gossip.
Avoid the principal and other school staff.
Use school and staff room supplies as needed.
Don’t bother to prepare – ‘off-the-cuff’ lesson planning is adequate. Don’t seek guidance or support
What are the positive effects of following profession etiquettes? Respect from all– Students parents colleagues and org in which u are serving Self-esteem and self-actualization
Love and care from students and parents
Enthusiasm is contagious
No related essays.